This training will provide the necessary tools and knowledge to be proficient in computer networking. The student will learn about communications, hubs, routers, and switches. This course is twenty-four (24) weeks in duration for a total of 720 hours of training.
High School Diploma or GED. Must have basic math and reading skills at or above the 8th grade level. Must be computer literate.
- Networking Basics
- Windows NT/2000/XP
- Basic System Troubleshooting
- Operating Systems Troubleshooting
- Preventative Maintenance
- Routers and Routing Basics
- Review: The OSI Reference Model and Routing
- LAN/WAN Technologies
- Optical Networking Fundamentals
- Network Management
- Introduction to Converged Networking
- Developing Network Security
- Developing Network Management Strategies
- Virtual Private Networks