This course will prepare the student for working in a medical office or hospital as a medical biller. The students will learn about various types of medical insurance which includes processing medical claim forms. The student will also learn the procedures for computerized billing.
This course is eight (8) weeks in duration for a total of 240 hours.
High School Diploma or GED. Must have basic math and reading skills above the 8th grade level. Must be computer literate.
- Introduction to Billing
- Who’s Responsible
- Registration Forms
- Getting Paid for Services
- Supplemental Forms
- Manual vs. Computerized Billing Systems
- Legal Issues
- Billing Terminology
- Types of Insurance
- Health Insurance Policy
- Health Insurance Contracts
- Health Insurance Terms & Terminology
- Completing the HCFA 1500 Form
- Accounts Receivable/Claim Status
- Job Search Training